English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Join the UK's Number One ESOL Awarding Organisation
Brand new: Ascentis Entry Level Award and Certificate in Progression Programme for ESOL Learners. Read more here.
Ascentis offers the full suite of ESOL Skills for Life Qualifications from Entry 1 to Level 2. We are the number one awarding organisation for ESOL in the London region, across the UK and in Wales, dedicated to supporting thousands of learners by improving their communication and fluency in English, their employability skills and their ability to fully participate in every part of life in Britain.
Who are these qualifications for?
Ascentis ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are designed specifically for people living in Britain and focus on preparing learners for everyday life, further education and the world of work. The primary aim is to assist the learner in becoming independent of other people such as interpreters or translators when interacting with English speakers in a work environment and elsewhere. By improving their communication and fluency in English, learners will significantly improve their employability skills and their ability to fully participate in every part of life in Britain beyond their local community. We have also launched Tailored learning programmes that will help learners progress into further education and employment, please click here to find out more.
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- New ESOL reading online assessments available at Entry 2, Entry 3 and Level 1
- No minimum registrations
- Minimal paperwork for tutors
- Additional resources, example speaking videos and practice papers available
- Bespoke onsite staff training
- No wait for resits
- Learners are registered at any point prior to assessment
- Controlled assessments can be taken in the classroom
- Assessments can be broken up and tasks taken when the learner is ready
- Direct support all year with your designated subject specialist External Quality Assurer
- No assessment windows – you set the date
- Assessments guide times
- Regular regional and online support sessions
- Quick certification
ESOL Volunteering to Support English Language
Our recently developed ESOL Volunteering to Support English Language qualification is available at Levels 1 & 2 and has been developed to support the volunteers who want to teach ESOL. This could be learners who have been through the system and want to support their community, volunteers who want to help ESOL learners and those who may like to teach ESOL as a profession in the future.
- Level 1 Award in Volunteering to Support English Language Teaching and Learning
- Level 2 Award in Volunteering to Support English Language Teaching and Learning
Employment, Digital and Community Engagement Skills for English Language Learners
This Entry 3 qualification enables learners to gain the practical and personal skills for work and further study, whilst improving their knowledge and use of the English language. The qualification offers a flexible and broad range of topics which can be tailored to learners’ needs to help them gain new skills and knowledge. Find out more here.
- Entry 3 Award and Certificate in Employment, Digital and Community Engagement Skills for English Language Learners
Where can my learners go from here?
How do I get started?
For more information on our ESOL qualifications or if you would like to become an ESOL partner, please contact the Commercial Team on 01524 845046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also book an online meeting at a time to suit you here.
View our ESOL Skills for Life Policy Statement here.
If you wish to apply now, please download the Centre Recognition Form and/or Qualification Approval Form which are available on our Join Us page.