Ascentis is distinctive in that it is both:
- An Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, CCEA and Qualification Wales
- An Access Validating Agency for Access to Higher Education Diplomas, licensed by the Quality Assurance Agency
We have a portfolio of user-friendly qualifications which include ESOL, English & Maths, Teacher Training, Construction, Digital Learning, Apprenticeships, Progression, Short Online Qualifications and Access to Higher Education Diplomas.
Ascentis has no shareholders, it is a charity and its sole purpose is to provide the optimal level of service to all of its customers. As a recognised charity we are committed to the provision of clear progression routes that enable learners to climb the 'qualifications ladder' and achieve their lifelong aspirations.
The flexible and learner-friendly ethos of Ascentis has resulted in centres throughout the UK choosing to run their qualifications with us. There are several reasons for choosing Ascentis as your awarding body:
- Many of our qualifications are eligible for funding under the ESFA and Advanced Learner Loans
- We have dedicated Customer Support Assistants who will be assigned to you as your named point of contact
- We offer clear lines of progression to further learning, employment, or Higher Education
- Our qualifications are competitively priced with no hidden costs
- We offer free training and support for you and your staff
Ascentis has recently been featured in The Parliamentary Review: Highlighting best practice. Read the full article here.
IDLS (International Dyslexia Learning Solutions) provides specialist multi-sensory software programmes to primary and secondary schools in the UK and internationally. The focus of IDLS is to provide learning solutions to those most in need, and the software is used by thousands of children across the world.
Our software was developed in direct response to the growing number of young people who are falling through the gaps in literacy and numeracy. IDL Literacy has been in use for over 30 years and can dramatically increase reading and spelling ages for those with dyslexia or low literacy levels. Research has also shown it can also have a hugely positive impact on the confidence and self-esteem of those using the programme.
IDL Numeracy is our most recent development, designed for those with dyscalculia and for low attaining learners in mathematics. It includes a fully graded course to support the National Curriculum for numeracy at KS1 and KS2. In order to be inclusive, the lessons are designed to reduce the stress those with dyscalculia would ordinarily feel when faced with mathematical problems.
IDLS has been part of the Ascentis family since 2013. Ascentis are an educational charity with a mission to enable learners to realise their full potential and achieve their lifelong aspirations.