#5 of 5: Beej Kaczmarczyk on Funding changes for 2020 to 2021 and Devolution
Beej Kaczmarczyk, Director at e-Memoir, highlights funding changes and how devolution could provide more opportunities.
His main points on funding for 2020 to 2021 are:
- New investment for 16-19 learners of £400m
- Funding rates increased for 16-19 year old students - £190 million
- Additional funding available for English and maths
- Colleges/Sixth Forms will also get £120m for crucial and high value subjects such as Engineering
- Funding for retention of teachers and leaders
- Advanced maths premium funding of £600 for level 3 maths qualifications
He suggests that devolution could provide for a better match with the needs of local economy, increase the focus on local responsiveness and flexibility, and will allow provision to be shaped by the economic and educational needs of residents and employers.