Brand new qualifications available from August 2022
Ascentis has designed three separate Awards that sit within the Pre-Entry Level Numeracy suite. They build on the established units of the Pre Entry Numeracy Award *. These are provided for learners who have had little interaction with numeracy and who may have had little or no experience of formal learning. Each qualification allows learners to build confidence and develop fundamental understanding within specific strands of numeracy.
Our Awards are constructed to offer achievable progress within three areas:-
- Understanding value, ordinality and describing number.
- Identifying common themes in shape, grouping items based on weight and using positional vocabulary.
- Developing counting, basic operations and performing simple monetary work.
Each qualification has the structure, quality assurance and integrity of regulated provision. The three Awards within Pre-Entry Numeracy offer a flexible approach to assessment with defined terms and content. Resources are provided, however centres have the flexibility to contextualise and use their own resources.
- A flexible qualification allowing you to assess in-centre using a portfolio submission
- The opportunity to contextualise to your learners
- Learning resources and guidance provided
- A complementary diagnostic resource to identify existing numeracy skills and potential misconceptions and in your learners
- Robust and quality assured
- No assessment windows
- Full assessor guidance provided
- Verification and certification offered throughout the year
- 3 separate Awards of 20 guided learning hours. These allow you to be flexible in choosing appropriate awards for your learners
- Designated subject expert External Quality Assurer
We have created a diagnostic resource, derived from the skills addressed within the Pre Entry Numeracy suite. This resource can be used prior to a learner starting the Ascentis Pre-Entry Maths qualification. This will determine if this level of qualification is the most appropriate for the learner. This resource is available within the documents section below, provided you are logged-in as an Ascentis centre.
Where can my learners go from here?
How do I get started?
For more information on how to deliver qualifications within our Pre-Entry Numeracy suite, please contact the Commercial Team on 01524 845 046 or click here to email.
* Please note the existing Pre Entry Numeracy qualification will be withdrawn on 31st July 2022 (see specification) and will be replaced by the revised three qualifications as described above. Please contact the Commercial Team to arrange transfer of your existing learners onto the new provision.