Brand new qualifications available from August 2022
In response to centre feedback, Ascentis have designed three separate Awards that sit within the Pre-Entry Level Literacy suite. These units build on the established content of the Pre-Entry Literacy Award *. The units have been devised for learners who have had little interaction with literacy and who may have had little or no experience of formal learning. The qualifications allow learners to build confidence, develop reading ability, improve writing skills, and enhance their overall communication.
The Awards are constructed to offer achievable progress within three areas:-
- Speaking and Listening.
- Reading: Reading Letters, Reading Words.
- Writing: Writing Letters and Numbers, Forming Words
Each qualification has the structure, quality assurance and integrity of regulated provision. The three Awards within Pre-Entry Literacy offer a flexible approach to assessment with defined terms and content. Supplementary resources are provided, as are sample papers and assessment paper templates, to allow centres the flexibility to contextualise and use their own resources.
- A flexible qualification allowing you to assess in-centre using a portfolio submission
- The opportunity to contextualise to your learners
- Learning resources and guidance provided
- A complementary diagnostic resource to identify existing literacy strengths and areas for focus
- Robust and quality assured
- No assessment windows
- Full assessor guidance provided
- Verification and certification offered throughout the year
- 3 separate Awards of 20 guided learning hours. These allow you to be flexible in choosing appropriate awards for your learners
- Designated subject expert External Quality Assurer
Where can my learners go from here?
How do I get started?
For more information on how to deliver our Pre-Entry Literacy qualifications, please contact the Commercial Team on 01524 845 046 or click here to email.