Essential Digital Skills
We are delighted that our Essential Digital Skills Qualifications (EDSQ) have passed Ofqual’s technical evaluation and are now available to Education Providers, to upskill the nation digitally.
It is estimated that 11.3 million people in the UK lack basic digital skills and 8% of adults in the UK have no basic digital skills at all.
To tackle this skills gap the Department for Education (DfE) has introduced a new fully funded legal entitlement digital skills qualifications for all adults.
- Two brand new qualifications at Entry 3 and Level 1
- These qualifications are mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Essential Digital Skills
- Fully funded under legal entitlement for adults (19+) and funded for learners (16-18) through study programmes, who wish to develop their skills or who don’t have the basic digital skills they need for life and work
- All 5 skill areas will be comprehensively covered in both qualifications
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Being safe and responsible online
Download the infographic here
Why should I choose Ascentis?
- Both our Entry 3 and Level 1 qualifications cover life and work skills in detail
- Diagnostic resources available for E3 and Level 1 to determine the appropriate level of qualification learners should access
- 2 new resources to support ESOL learners with EDSQ
- Full range of practice papers available
- Can be delivered through classroom-based and blended learning
- No registration windows – robust guidance is provided for booking assessment
- Assessments are externally set and fully marked online saving resources
- Assessments are holistic and allow skills to be explored in a real world context and demonstrate the transferability of the various skill sets
- 2 free resits
- Tutor Guidance available to help you teach these new qualifications
- Learners are encouraged to use digital devices throughout the course of the qualifications, giving them an extra opportunity to engage with the online facilities and a range of software
- No minimum registrations
- Our Essential Digital Skills qualifications enable progression to employment, further learning and opportunities within employment as well as progression onto further study
How do I get started?
To enquire about delivering these new Digital Skills qualifications or for more information please email EDSQ@ascentis.co.uk
Click here to view our other Digital Skills Qualifications.