Ascentis Arrangements for Assessing and Awarding Qualifications in 2020-21 & 2021-22
Ascentis arrangements & centre guidance for the assessment and awarding of vocational, technical and other general qualifications in 2021 to 2022:
The Ofqual consultation on arrangements for the assessment and awarding of VTQs in the academic year 2021/22 has now closed and the outcomes have been published:
The government’s intention is that exams and assessments will go ahead in 2021-22.
The Department for Education, Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA recognise that there has been disruption to teaching and learning and that this may continue. Therefore, adaptations to assessments and qualifications may be necessary to free up teaching time to address learning loss and to build resilience. The regulators have confirmed that all course content must be taught and that Teacher Assessed Grades (TAGs) will not be permitted in 2021-22.
Permitted adaptations in 2021-22:
Ascentis have identified the following qualification areas where adaptations will apply. Please see the below guidance documents which identify the permitted adaptations for some qualifications in 2021-22, including the application process for centres if they wish to implement any of the permitted adaptations. Please note: centres are not permitted to make any further adaptations to the assessments beyond what is set out in the below documents.
- ESOL Skills for Life Adaptations 2021-2022
- Education and Training Qualifications Adaptations 2021-2022
- English and Mathematics Qualifications Adaptations 2021-2022
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Quality Assurance Team email@example.com if you require any further information on the arrangements for the assessment and awarding of Ascentis qualifications in 2021-2022.
Ascentis arrangements for Ofqual CCEA & Qualifications Wales Regulated Provision 2020-21 (until 31st August 2021)
For any enquiries relating to assessments during 2020-21 (up to the 31st August 2021), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to HE Qualifications
The Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) have published the arrangements for the Award and Assessment of the Access to HE Diploma in 2021-22. Please view the QAA published documents below:
Your centres allocated Ascentis Quality Assurance Manager will be able to support you with any queries you may have throughout this academic year.
Key Documents, Resources and Policies
Ascentis has a range of useful subject-specific resources to support all aspects of the delivery of our qualifications. For example, our brand new ESOL Skills for Life Handbook and Community Interpreting Centre Guidance. We have our Policies and documents to support the delivery of Ascentis qualifications. These documents and policies are located in the Login Area of the Ascentis website.
For Ofqual, CCEA and Qualifications Wales regulated provision, EQA activity will be completed both face to face and remotely during 2021-22. Your allocated Centre Quality Reviewer and External Quality Assurer(s) will be in contact to discuss the arrangements for 2021-22. If you require further information on EQA activity, please contact email@example.com.
Contact Information and Support
Our Customer Support Team will continue to support you in 2021-22, our main contact number is 01524 845046 or alternatively please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to get in touch with one of our teams, you can contact them directly on the following emails:
- Ofqual, CCEA & Qualifications Wales Quality Assurance Team - QualityAssurance@ascentis.co.uk
- Access to HE Quality Assurance Team - email@example.com
- Operations Registration, Verification and Certification Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations Events Team – email@example.com
- Operations Exams Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Team - Finance@ascentis.co.uk
- IT Team – email@example.com
- Development Team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Team – email@example.com
Staff will continue to respond to their emails; this will be the preferred method of communication.
If circumstances occur which may further impact your learners please ensure that you inform us immediately so that we are better able to support you.
Results and Certificates
Ascentis will normally process results and issue certificates within 4 weeks of the verification date, with the exception of Short Online Qualifications and Access to HE provision.
Access to HE: Ascentis will normally issue learner result slips and e-Certificates within 5 working days of the Final Awards Board and learner hard copy certificates, if requested, within 4 weeks of the Final Awards Board.
Short Online Qualifications: For classroom-based assessments provisional results are provided immediately after the e-Assessment. An hour after the e-Assessment the achievement list report can be run through QuartzWeb. Learner result slips and certificates will be issued within 10 working days of the e-Assessment.
- For e-Invigilation-based assessments that have satisfied exam requirements, the confirmation of results and e-Certificates will be available in QuartzWeb within 5 working days. For any results that require further scrutiny due to potential breach of exam requirements, results will be released once reviewed by the Ascentis Quality Assurance Team. Learner results slips and certificates will be issued within 10 working days of the e-Assessment. To view our FAQ on e-Invigilation and remote assessments click here.
Centres have the option to receive e-Certificates only or hard copy certificates and e-Certificates.
If you have any questions regarding certificates then please email the Registration, Verification and Certification Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the meantime if you have any questions, please get in touch with your usual contact at Ascentis or contact us at email@example.com