Salary: £25,250 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Contracted Hours: 36.5 hours per week Monday to Friday (flexible working/remote options considered)
Ascentis is a charity and leading Awarding Organisation, working across the UK and Internationally to provide life-changing opportunities through our range of qualifications. We work closely with Colleges, Schools, Independent Training Organisations and Universities to design cutting-edge qualifications to enable people to progress to further study, higher education and employment.
We are currently looking for a pro-active, organised, and analytical, Bid Writer to join our growing Commercial Team.
In this role, you will be based in our state-of-the-art new office on Lancaster Business Park. These new facilities allow Ascentis to be well placed to capitalise on new market opportunities as we look to sustain success in the UK and internationally. We offer an excellent range of benefits (detailed below) and offer flexible working patterns. We are passionate about delivering a consistently positive day to day experience and environment for our employees.
Working here you have the ‘feel good factor’, knowing that what you do makes a difference, but this is blended with our commercially minded approach which ensures we succeed and grow. In fact, we are proud to say that we have exceeded many of our KPIs throughout the pandemic and as such offer a reassuring level of career security and potential for growth within the company.
As a Bid Writer, you will be part of the Commercial Team, working independently to explore opportunities for the Ascentis group of companies to deliver successful tenders. You will help to identify and action any opportunities to tender, submitting bids and supporting the process through to completion. This is a role that requires excellent analytical and writing skills, as well as an ability to work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Build and retain a strong understanding of the Ascentis group of companies relevant products and services and identify the market that they would be applicable within in order to stay alert to opportunities.
- Write persuasive logical and practical proposals for bids specialising in qualifications related to activity relevant to Ascentis mission and tailored to meet the needs of the learners.
- Collect the necessary information and translate it to fit the exact requirements of the bid and present it in an effective manner.
- Remain alert to likely business opportunities, keep up to date with policy and wider developments within relevant sectors.
What We’re Looking For
You will need to have excellent written and verbal skills and have previous bid management experience.
It is vital you have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and are able to meet deadlines. You will need to be committed to providing a high standard of customer service at all times.
For further information and how to apply
- To discuss this post further please contact Liam Fletcher via email@example.com
- For a full job description please click here
- To apply, please send a Cover Letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview Date: TBC